This week I used the Charleston, SC area as my jumping off point for 5 Facts. We visited the fair city in August to celebrate our anniversary. I highly recommend it. The food was incredible, the history was interesting and the beauty--inspirational. As a note, the greener photos were taken at nearby historic plantations.
So here are the facts.
1. Sometimes simplicity really is the best. Love the salmon pink and the creamy white with black accents. Nothing shouts at you, but you want to look.
I decided not to PhotoShop out the few leaves of the famous Palmetto tree which you see all over South Carolina. By the way, the "cornices," if that is what you call them, are reproductions and are placed over every window on this building. The designers created a mold out of the original cornice and cast each one.
2. Being old can also mean being strong, beautiful and graceful.
3. Swamps are mysterious and still. Another fact--I would not put my bare feet in the bottom of that canoe even if someone emptied it.
4. There are lots of eyes in a swamp. Check out the center of the photo.
5. Alleys are always worth a look.