Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Dying Light


This evening I received yet another lesson in looking for the light and how fast that light can fade.

Walking into the bathroom, I saw a glow in the shower stall I had never seen and thought, "Wow, I should use that for a photo." This light was coming between the trees in the backyard as the sun was setting, through our bedroom window, into the bathroom to reflect off the mirror and onto the shower door which in turn created a glow on the floor. No wonder I had never seen it! How often does that happen? Unfortunately, by the time I grabbed the flowers (which I kept because I wanted to capture the wilted look) and my camera, the light was gone. The sun had moved and the magic moment had disappeared with it. 

It seemed like a "circle of life" moment--dying light, dying flowers, my disappointment. But I rallied a bit--afterall, I had the flowers and the camera. So before I sent them to the trash, I captured their last moments of sharing their yellow light with me and said a "thank you" for their gift of beauty in my life.

2 comments:

  1. And thank you for sharing your photo everything has a story... And also thanks for visiting my blog and leaving such a lovely comment...

    ReplyDelete
  2. They still turned out beautiful. Plus you wouldn't have had a story like this if everything had gone perfect :)

    ReplyDelete