Wednesday, August 8, 2012

TOUCHED BY TEXTURE

Love, love, love--did I say "love" texture! I leave my fingerprints in every store I enter because I'm a tactile kind of gal who needs to touch with my eyes and my hands.

So when thinking about texture today as a word prompt from Shutter Sisters, my mind buzzed all over the place. I was tempted to add a texture layer (or two) to a photo, but refrained. As much as I like to do that repeatedly, I decided to take one photo and consider the textures.

And as I studied this shot, I was taken back to the "feel" of the day--the cooperative clumpy clouds, the wet sand, the water coming into my boots and changing the texture inside them! There's more--the texture of the poles, the barnacles on the poles, even the water in this photo has differing textures due to the slower shutter speed.

This exercise helped me to think about texture in a different way--normally texture is something I can both see and feel.  In this case, it was all eyes and the memory of the experience.

Do you love texture too?  

1 comment:

  1. I love the cloud texture. Perfect rainy, gloomy day clouds.

    ReplyDelete