Thursday, October 13, 2011

Reasons I Procrastinate

Top 10 reasons why I procrastinate.  

10.  Maybe "it" (whatever I have to do) will go away.  
This has never happened to my knowledge. Dust bunnies thrive, paperwork piles up on the desk, project deadlines loom large if I don't attend to them.

9. I'm not in the mood right now.
Why does my mood make any difference?  When am I ever in the mood to clean the bathtub?

8. I don't have time.
This one is viable, but I'm really just making excuses.  

7. It's not at the top of the priority list.
So I ask myself, why is the project on the list at all if it never gets to the top?

6. It doesn't appeal to me.
Poor baby.

5. I'd rather be ___________. (Fill in blank)
A startling revelation.

4. I don't think the end result will be good enough.
Now we're getting somewhere.

3. I'm bored with the project.
It happens.

2. I forgot.
Thanks goodness for post-it notes

1. I lost the post-it note on the desk I've been meaning to organize.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment