Monday, February 6, 2012

Yesteday I presented a "sermon." At our church, we've been discussing the idea that Stewardship isn't just about money. It's also about taking care of our time & talents, our health, and our relationships with one another as well as Mother Earth. So each week a different person in the congregation presented their ideas on a different aspect of stewardship. I had earth.

Since I am a visual person of course I HAD to present a powerpoint video with slides, statistics, music. I learned quickly that I had a lot to learn. It was frustrating. PowerPoint is easy. Adding music and videos to it at home is easy. Getting it to work on the church's computer wasn't easy.  Did I say it was VERY, VERY frustrating?

But it all worked out. There was a lot of prayer involved in the process, a lot of trust in the process and Sunday morning and again at the evening service, I realized there also was a lot of love in the process.

While preparing my remarks and the PowerPoint, I came across these photos and a map of the Great Pacific Garbage Patch. It consists of trash that's been dumped by humans and is estimated to be twice the size of Texas.  We can make a difference--you've heard it. Reduce, Reuse, Recycle.  Do you have any great ideas that make a difference in your part of the planet?










.

No comments:

Post a Comment