Monday, January 23, 2012

Rainy Days and Mondays

Remember that song--"Rainy Days and Mondays always get me down" by the Carpenters. (Yes I enjoyed the Carpenters!)  I  love rainy days. I love the sounds of rain splashing into  puddles. Rain sounds different depending upon what it hits--leaves, mud or tin roofs. Each sound is unique. Near our screen porch are a dozen large trees and sitting on the porch wrapped in a blanket listening to the water hitting and falling from leaf to leaf is relaxing and meditative. Even after it stops raining, you don't know it because the leaves keep dripping moisture. The sound is surprisingly loud and wonderful.

Our day looked like this photo although I took that photo a few mouths ago in Plymouth Harbor while in England. Don't you love the way nature mutes the colors of that charming village. I bet on a sunny day, the colors from those houses pop.

Nature is a beautiful thing. I love rainy days---as for Mondays, today was a good day. Hope yours was. Happy "Year of the Dragon."   

No comments:

Post a Comment