Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Seeing Gold

#sscolormonth
The "golden hour" for photographers often is the hour as the sun is setting and light is skimming across the earth creating depth and dimension.

But sometimes a "golden" time happens when I pay attention and open my eyes.

Some fresh peaches from the farmer's market were sitting on my kitchen window sill.  I was preparing dinner when I noticed the light and pattern on this fuzzy fruit. The pattern was from the screen and I loved the way it wrapped around the peaches.  Unfortunately, the moment was gone by the time I got my camera.  (I hate when that happens!) The following day at 5 PM, I was ready. I got about 3 minutes of light as the sun, the tree branches and the wind danced with one another. Then it was over---golden moments with a golden fruit.

No comments:

Post a Comment